President’s Leadership Scholarship
Category: High School
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
Full tuition for outstanding leadership!
Concordia University of Edmonton’s most prestigious scholarship is awarded to high school graduates who demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence, have made a positive and significant contribution to their communities and display a capacity for leadership. Scholarships are renewable by registering in a minimum winter session GPA of 3.5; and maintaining an appropriate level of campus or community service.
- Total Education Fees (an approximate value of $30,000 over 4 years)
- Renewable in subsequent years
Who can apply?
To become eligible for the President’s Leadership Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be entering their first-year of post-secondary study directly from high school. Concordia University of Edmonton will also consider applicants who:
- Attended a non-accredited program of study at a post-secondary institution and earned 9 or less transfer credits.
- Completed university-level credits while in high school.
- Have taken time off between their high school and post-secondary studies if the break in studies is less than three years.
- Be enrolled in a degree program in Arts, Management, or Science. Concordia University of Edmonton will also consider applicants who:
- Present a final award average of at least 85%, calculated on five academic subjects including English and the four highest eligible course for their program from Groups A, B, or C. Note: For students admitted using a group D course, an award calculation using eligible courses from Groups A, B, or C will be used to determine eligibility.
- Have made a positive and significant contribution to their school and/or communities through voluntary service (e.g., projects with community organizations, environmental protection and conservation efforts, or work with religious organizations).
- Have demonstrated the capacity to lead and motivate others.
- Be registered in a minimum of 80% of a full-course load (12 credits in each semester). Recipients whose registration drops below the required 80% minimum will immediately forfeit their scholarship.
- Recipients may not concurrently hold both the President’s Leadership Scholarship and a University Entrance Scholarship.
How do I apply?
An application package includes:
- The completed Application form.
- A list of all your Grade 10 and 11 courses with final grades and of your Grade 12 courses with final or midterm grades if the course is in progress. The list must be signed by your high school guidance counsellor or principal.
- Two letters of reference sent directly to Concordia University of Edmonton by your referees.
- Applicants will also be contacted to participate in a phone interview or Skype call.
Where do I send the application package?
Student and Enrolment Services
Concordia University of Edmonton
HA 120 Hole Academic Centre
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
When is the application deadline?
Are international students eligible to apply?
All students, domestic and international who are entering from high school are eligible to apply.
When will I know if I’m a recipient?
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 1.
How do I renew my scholarship?
To renew a scholarship in subsequent years, recipients must:
- Be registered in a minimum 80% of a full-course load (12 credits) in each subsequent semester.
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.5 for the academic year. Courses completed in the Spring and Summer Sessions are not included in the GPA calculation.
- Maintain an appropriate level of campus/community service and demonstrated leadership.
Students who lose their scholarship entitlement due to reduced course load may have their scholarship reinstated following an academic year of study that satisfies the registration and GPA requirements. Students who lose their President’s Leadership Scholarship entitlement due to low GPA may alternatively receive a University Entrance Scholarship provided they have a minimum 3.2 GPA and required course load. Eligibility periods will not be extended.
What if I have questions?
Contact a financial aid advisor at Student and Enrolment Services
Phone: +1. 780.479.9220
Toll Free: 1.888.479.5200, ext 220